Planet E.R.F.

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VOTING FOR PRESIDENT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet E.R.F. Forum Index -> Main Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
oceandream



Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 292

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: VOTING FOR PRESIDENT Reply with quote

You know I have been listening to many conversation about who should be the next president.

And it worries me that people will vote based on news clips and listening to high paid reporters . At this time it is to important for the future of our families to not sit , read and research the platform on which canidate stands on . I mean I don't care weather you vote for Huckabee or write in Bush or chose your dog skippy .. Just make it a well informed choice . (research like ya did before you decided if the iphone was worth the price)

Think about the country you would love to live in ,, the choices you would make if you were president and the life you would like your entire family to enjoy. And the freedoms you would like for your neighbors near and far.

Because either way the direction the country is going in now is not acceptable.. a place where children are sicker than ever and old people are being thrown away. And men are being attacked and jailed not being able to support their families . and women are dying from cancer and heart disease in record numbers... and our youth is being sent to a war to kill strangers who never meant them any harm. Because we are not at war with the Iraq people .. we are occupying their land and because we have occupied their land over 2 million Iraqi's have died ..... and because of funding this OCCUPATION our countries infastructor had suffered .. school systems are failing .. funds are not available for medicaid .. companies are closing because they can not afford to pay for health care .. jobs are being sent overseas in order to pay back barrowed money . and because we owe China so much money the can pretty much anything they want. bridges are falling apart .. levees are not being maintained ... we have no emergency funds for things that happen in america and .. and people who were affected by Katrina are still homeless......
I COULD GO ON AND ON..... BUT we each have our own stories

Listen with your eyes ...... read research and really understand the person that you are supporting. ....... because hope is not a strong foundation to vote on ..

ROCK THE VOTE.............

Wink


Last edited by oceandream on Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Imyjam



Joined: 14 Mar 2007
Posts: 7886
Location: The Dutchland, Bruekelin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well said Ocean, and U hav opened my eyes to something. I recently heard Obama talk about Health Care. Im big on this, and this may enhance my vote tward him. Hillary has also mentioned things that could sway me as well. So I appreciate the statement and will look into it more deeply while considering my vote.... Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
kwame06



Joined: 14 Mar 2007
Posts: 17718
Location: Chicago, IL

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: My Fear Reply with quote

oceandream wrote:
You know I have been listening to many conversation about who should be the next president.

And it worries me that people will vote based on news clips and listening to high paid reporters . At this time it is to important for the future of our families to not sit , read and research the platform on which canidate stands on . I mean I don't care weather you vote for Huckabee or write in Bush or chose your dog skippy .. Just make it a well informed choice . (research like ya did before you decided if the iphone was worth the price)

Think about the country you would love to live in ,, the choices you would make if you were president and the life you would like your entire family to enjoy. And the freedoms you would like for your neighbors near and far.

Because either way the direction the country is going in now is not acceptable.. a place where children are sicker than ever and old people are being thrown away. And men are being attacked and jailed not being able to support their families . and women are dying from cancer and heart disease in record numbers... and our youth is being sent to a war to kill strangers who never meant them any harm. Because we are not at war with the Iraq people .. we are occupying their land and because we have occupied their land over 2 million Iraqi's have died ..... and because of funding this OCCUPATION our countries infastructor had suffered .. school systems are failing .. funds are not available for medicaid .. companies are closing because they can not afford to pay for health care .. jobs are being sent overseas in order to pay back barrowed money . and because we owe China so much money the can pretty much anything they want. bridges are falling apart .. levees are not being maintained ... we have no emergency funds for things that happen in america and .. and people who were affected by Katrina are still homeless......
I COULD GO ON AND ON..... BUT we each have our own stories

Listen with your eyes ...... read research and really understand the person that you are supporting. ....... because hope is not a strong foundation to vote on ..

ROCK THE VOTE.............

Wink


I hear U, oceandream Wink
_________________

I'm a firm supporter of the left and right...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
jaefox1



Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 7388
Location: Detroit-4 Stanley Cups in 11 Years, MI

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


_________________
It's not good enough to be admired as the love in man expires, so quietly I'll be invisible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
suitebliss



Joined: 16 Jun 2007
Posts: 1836
Location: The "D", Michigan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preach....
_________________
"When I let go of who I am, I become what I might be." - Lao Tzu
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oceandream



Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 292

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brandonsews



Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 9973
Location: Houston, TX [reppin SIXburgh, PA]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: VOTING FOR PRESIDENT Reply with quote

oceandream wrote:
You know I have been listening to many conversation about who should be the next president.

And it worries me that people will vote based on news clips and listening to high paid reporters . At this time it is to important for the future of our families to not sit , read and research the platform on which canidate stands on . I mean I don't care weather you vote for Huckabee or write in Bush or chose your dog skippy .. Just make it a well informed choice . (research like ya did before you decided if the iphone was worth the price)

Think about the country you would love to live in ,, the choices you would make if you were president and the life you would like your entire family to enjoy. And the freedoms you would like for your neighbors near and far.

Because either way the direction the country is going in now is not acceptable.. a place where children are sicker than ever and old people are being thrown away. And men are being attacked and jailed not being able to support their families . and women are dying from cancer and heart disease in record numbers... and our youth is being sent to a war to kill strangers who never meant them any harm. Because we are not at war with the Iraq people .. we are occupying their land and because we have occupied their land over 2 million Iraqi's have died ..... and because of funding this OCCUPATION our countries infastructor had suffered .. school systems are failing .. funds are not available for medicaid .. companies are closing because they can not afford to pay for health care .. jobs are being sent overseas in order to pay back barrowed money . and because we owe China so much money the can pretty much anything they want. bridges are falling apart .. levees are not being maintained ... we have no emergency funds for things that happen in america and .. and people who were affected by Katrina are still homeless......
I COULD GO ON AND ON..... BUT we each have our own stories

Listen with your eyes ...... read research and really understand the person that you are supporting. ....... because hope is not a strong foundation to vote on ..

ROCK THE VOTE.............

Wink


i hear you, but i question why you say people base a vote on news clips. i think some heads have placed relevant articles in many cases, but part of being an informed voter is keeping your ear to the street, right? i have a hard time believing political commercials, talk radio, talk tv, emails, peer opinions in no way, shape, form or fashion influence your voting decision. if so, you're better than 95% of america
_________________
SIXburgh, PA-home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
coolfonz



Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Posts: 624

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think both sides (voting and not voting) have good points.

certainly it would have been great if the US never voted in a republican EVER AGAIN. undoubtedly that would be good.

But the Dems have done bad bad things over the years, see JFK and LBJ in their role in Vietnam. Bill Clinton wasnt averse to chucking missiles about either, bombing an apirin factory in Sudan then saying it was financed by Bin Laden then saying (when it was exposed as rubbish) saying it was owned by Saddam (also rubbish).

Basically politics isn't once every four/five years, you cant take a back seat, it goes on all the time. I'm with Chuck D on this.

I dont think Obama could stand up to real power - the Pentagon etc - but I think Hilary would go along with it too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brandonsews



Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 9973
Location: Houston, TX [reppin SIXburgh, PA]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolfonz wrote:
i think both sides (voting and not voting) have good points.

certainly it would have been great if the US never voted in a republican EVER AGAIN. undoubtedly that would be good.

But the Dems have done bad bad things over the years, see JFK and LBJ in their role in Vietnam. Bill Clinton wasnt averse to chucking missiles about either, bombing an apirin factory in Sudan then saying it was financed by Bin Laden then saying (when it was exposed as rubbish) saying it was owned by Saddam (also rubbish).

Basically politics isn't once every four/five years, you cant take a back seat, it goes on all the time. I'm with Chuck D on this.

I dont think Obama could stand up to real power - the Pentagon etc - but I think Hilary would go along with it too.


besides the fact, not to sound like anti vote head, but i live in texas, it don't matter what i do. they always vote republican. period. and with the votes not being counted on a popular vote majority wins, my vote in texas is meaningless b/c the electoral votes of texas go to a republican. period.

the most my vote will have ever counted was in florida in 2000 when i voted for Gore. my 1st time voting was the most powerful my vote could have ever been, since those electoral votes decided the election. other than that, as long as i live in texas, i'm voting just to say i voted. no impact whatsoever
_________________
SIXburgh, PA-home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
w ellington



Joined: 18 Mar 2007
Posts: 671
Location: babylon central

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

listen to this!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq2kJ56hSqo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
oceandream



Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 292

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you do you .. but it is evident that the country is going itn the wrong direction

so when you vote and i pray you do then make certain that it is an educated choice ..

if all voters had turned out .. all women all minorites then then the out come would have been completly different
brandonsews wrote:
coolfonz wrote:
i think both sides (voting and not voting) have good points.

certainly it would have been great if the US never voted in a republican EVER AGAIN. undoubtedly that would be good.

But the Dems have done bad bad things over the years, see JFK and LBJ in their role in Vietnam. Bill Clinton wasnt averse to chucking missiles about either, bombing an apirin factory in Sudan then saying it was financed by Bin Laden then saying (when it was exposed as rubbish) saying it was owned by Saddam (also rubbish).

Basically politics isn't once every four/five years, you cant take a back seat, it goes on all the time. I'm with Chuck D on this.

I dont think Obama could stand up to real power - the Pentagon etc - but I think Hilary would go along with it too.


besides the fact, not to sound like anti vote head, but i live in texas, it don't matter what i do. they always vote republican. period. and with the votes not being counted on a popular vote majority wins, my vote in texas is meaningless b/c the electoral votes of texas go to a republican. period.

the most my vote will have ever counted was in florida in 2000 when i voted for Gore. my 1st time voting was the most powerful my vote could have ever been, since those electoral votes decided the election. other than that, as long as i live in texas, i'm voting just to say i voted. no impact whatsoever
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brandonsews



Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 9973
Location: Houston, TX [reppin SIXburgh, PA]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so you're telling me that if a state votes 70 to 30 in favor of republicans, and i chose to vote republican, libertarian, or whatever, that my vote is significant when the electoral votes have already been won in my state. please explain.

i understand the importance of voting, but i'm also an engineer and quite familiar with mathematic, probability, and statistics. a democratic vote in texas is simply a "i voted to get a sticker and an hour off work"

oceandream wrote:
Well you do you .. but it is evident that the country is going itn the wrong direction

so when you vote and i pray you do then make certain that it is an educated choice ..

if all voters had turned out .. all women all minorites then then the out come would have been completly different
brandonsews wrote:
coolfonz wrote:
i think both sides (voting and not voting) have good points.

certainly it would have been great if the US never voted in a republican EVER AGAIN. undoubtedly that would be good.

But the Dems have done bad bad things over the years, see JFK and LBJ in their role in Vietnam. Bill Clinton wasnt averse to chucking missiles about either, bombing an apirin factory in Sudan then saying it was financed by Bin Laden then saying (when it was exposed as rubbish) saying it was owned by Saddam (also rubbish).

Basically politics isn't once every four/five years, you cant take a back seat, it goes on all the time. I'm with Chuck D on this.

I dont think Obama could stand up to real power - the Pentagon etc - but I think Hilary would go along with it too.


besides the fact, not to sound like anti vote head, but i live in texas, it don't matter what i do. they always vote republican. period. and with the votes not being counted on a popular vote majority wins, my vote in texas is meaningless b/c the electoral votes of texas go to a republican. period.

the most my vote will have ever counted was in florida in 2000 when i voted for Gore. my 1st time voting was the most powerful my vote could have ever been, since those electoral votes decided the election. other than that, as long as i live in texas, i'm voting just to say i voted. no impact whatsoever

_________________
SIXburgh, PA-home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
coolfonz



Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Posts: 624

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon - yeah i dont think `representative government` is democracy. I don't think the US or the UK (or anywhere else) are democracies, they are all oligarchies, where real power resides with a very (VERY) small amount of people a few hundred thousand in the US for example.

W Ellington - heheh crazy stuff. I completely refute the idea that integration is a bad thing or designed to weaken black (or any other) folks. If you took the lady's words (and i listened to them all) and substituted `black` with `working folk` then you'd be nearer my kinda angle. Power wants to subjugate EVERYONE to the whims of a tiny elite...

Oceandream - yes you are right - my point is its bigger than just one vote every few years...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oceandream



Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 292

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXj3_pjTTwg&feature=related

now watch this..........
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oceandream



Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 292

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiEKS5iPtDs&feature=related
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet E.R.F. Forum Index -> Main Discussion All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 1 of 27

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


© 2007-2008 Informe.com. Get Free Forum Hosting
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group