Planet E.R.F.

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pointless Poem Thread...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet E.R.F. Forum Index -> Main Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
oprf1993



Joined: 25 Mar 2007
Posts: 1917

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimm wrote:
oprf1993 wrote:
just wanted to put a few feelings out there...be kind to the newbie Wink

out of my system
at least for now
one week of freedom...or is it?
seems like an eternity in front of me
the past seven years could have been a fairytale
instead the years lashed out while showing love
encouraged me
discouraged me
depressed me
obsessed me
elated me
frustrated me
turned me into "that"
that thing I never wanted to be
seven years should have led to something
instead left me wanting for more
more substance
more romance
more truth
more proof
more action
more traction
can I say it was a lesson?
can I say it was worth it?
can I say it will work out for my good?
in the end I think it could
but my reliance must move from man
to Him who always understands
time will tell
whether this release
truly equals freedom


Girrrrrlllll!!! (snappin')


Thanks girl - that means a lot coming from the queen of ERF poetry threads!! Very Happy
_________________
"For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another."
1 John 3:11
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oprf1993



Joined: 25 Mar 2007
Posts: 1917

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwame06 wrote:
oprf1993 wrote:
just wanted to put a few feelings out there...be kind to the newbie Wink

out of my system
at least for now
one week of freedom...or is it?
seems like an eternity in front of me
the past seven years could have been a fairytale
instead the years lashed out while showing love
encouraged me
discouraged me
depressed me
obsessed me
elated me
frustrated me
turned me into "that"
that thing I never wanted to be
seven years should have led to something
instead left me wanting for more
more substance
more romance
more truth
more proof
more action
more traction
can I say it was a lesson?
can I say it was worth it?
can I say it will work out for my good?
in the end I think it could
but my reliance must move from man
to Him who always understands
time will tell
whether this release
truly equals freedom



Thanks sweetheart...love ya! Wink
_________________
"For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another."
1 John 3:11
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brandonsews



Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 9973
Location: Houston, TX [reppin SIXburgh, PA]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brandonsews wrote:
GUESS WHO

i recycle rhymes
i find them up on the internet
then type them up like they mines
study them long enough to memorize the lines
if possible I'd copy the hour and minute hand
and ELVISly claim he invented time
so i pose the question, who am I?


LOL
_________________
SIXburgh, PA-home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Gulf Coast Diva



Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 766
Location: New Orleans

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kicking off 2009 .....

A Woman’s Love

Where Much Love is Given, Much is Required
To truly know a Woman’s Love is a knowledge he desires
With caution She proceeds with optimism in her Heart
In search of one who’s Deserving and can maturely handle Love’s Art
Love’s Art paints devotion and protection from devastation
Love’s Art paints peaks and lulls and steadfast dedication
Love’s Art is nurturing and should be handled with care
Love’s Art stands beside you when no one else is there
Love’s Art respects a woman’s body as a fragile temple
Love’s Art requires acceptance of circumstances which aren’t simple
Love’s Art holds tremendous power to cultivate or destroy
Love’s Art produces new life, either a girl or a boy
So to those who have felt and experienced a woman’s unconditional love
You are blessed and found deserving of the jewel that we call Love
Power adoringly bestowed but carelessly discarded is hard to revive
When Much Love is Given, much Love is required.


HE HAS:
A Smooth Swagger that makes grown women swoon
A Confident Presence When He Enters A Room
From the Enticing Smell of His Cologne
To his Manly Stature and Polished Dome
This Passionate Brother is Well Spoken with Tact
Loves His Queen Cause His Father Taught him That
He’s Driven, Handsome, and Impressively Dressed
He’s a Charismatic Lover, Who Won’t Accept Less
His Individual Style Puts Most Slackers to Shame
His Thought Provoking Verse Elevates his Name
He’s Educated, Motivated, and an Intense Deep Thinker
Not a Mama’s Boy But knows how to Thank Her
So When You See A Brother Who’s Flow is Just Right
Wish Him Well and Acknowledge his Plight.
Celebrate the Positive Brother Who Orchestrates His Own Luck
He Beat Stereotypical Odds and Never Gave Up
_________________
So we'll crawl
'till we can walk again
And we'll run
Until we're strong enough to jump
And we'll fly
Until there is no end
So let's crawl ... Back to Love Chris Brown
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gulf Coast Diva



Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 766
Location: New Orleans

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He feigned 4 my attention
But did I forget to mention
He thought I forgot

Said he’d love me to the end
And that she was just a friend
My Man? .... not

Pawn pieces of the game
A game of which he reigned
He thought his sh*t was hot

Took a year to recover
Made it hard for my new lover
He said forget me not

Said I hurt him by leaving
Shouldn’t have stopped believing
Professed his love on the spot

My body craved his sweetness
Took advantage of my weakness
For a minute I forgot

Confusion devoured me
While we danced in Ecstasy
Our bodies quenched every drop Embarassed

He thought this was his Win
Thought his lust would do me in
But … I never forgot

By his 8th ignored call
He realized I didn’t fall
It looks like he forgot

He forgot the rules changed
That the Queen now reigned
Thanks for the pit stop Laughing
_________________
So we'll crawl
'till we can walk again
And we'll run
Until we're strong enough to jump
And we'll fly
Until there is no end
So let's crawl ... Back to Love Chris Brown
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kwame06



Joined: 14 Mar 2007
Posts: 17718
Location: Chicago, IL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why Do Women Stay

He slapped her face, her mouth left without taste
Cut above the eyes and black below
What? Tell me why; why does she not go?
Why does a battered woman stay?
As if she had some dues to pay
What compels her?
Why can’t folks tell her!
For she will curse, fight, and raise hand
To any foe be he woman or man
But not him, she he loves
Each kiss with a twisted wrist
Every “I love you” spitting blood

Why does my friend stay?
Enduring humiliation
As if guarding her station
He says he doesn’t make love, he…yeah, that
He takes and takes; her ribs he breaks, he never gives love back
She sobs in pain, moaning like a captive prey
He takes her again without shame, the blames she bears he will say

Why does my sister stay?
If ever a cause for panic, is this, for he says he is getting his
Her eyes are a blur as with each thrust she feels it cut as if a spur
His manner cruel with fists and biting
Rolling over he laughs, he finds abuse exciting
She whimpers like a child
Feels chilled, sick, delirious and defiled
Insanity, yes, for sheer composure
He now sleeps and she is free from exposure
Still, in fear she lies until the dying of this day
Soon the bruises will reappear with the drying of his DNA

Why does my cousin stay?
Where is it written that she must pay?
He burned her face, of her beauty now nary a trace
“Folks say run”, “get out that place”
I say next time it happens, "they gon catcha case"
_________________

I'm a firm supporter of the left and right...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
KeyLimePi



Joined: 19 Jun 2008
Posts: 1907
Location: Philly/NYC/ATL/DC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad /\/\/\/\

Deeply Mel's words
have touched me so
in ways in which he'll never know.
so many woman are scared to go
scared to tell.
scared to show.
that they need help.
this twisted love.
a kick, a punch, a violent shove.
my prayers I send
to God above.
to cover them
in all His love...
_________________
"Baby I've got go. Baby I've got to know. Baby I've got to prove it". -Cee-Lo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pin Up Girl



Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 482
Location: reporting live from outside the box

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Ahem***

Passion knows no rhythms
like the slow mechanisms
screaming orgasmic schisms
from twitching elbows
to stretching toes
to straining skin expose...

Lawd, lawd, lawd... Heaven only knows...

~me~
_________________
guilty pleasures, sinful measures
earthly treasures...
such heavenly bliss is in my kiss...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Paco Eglesias



Joined: 15 Apr 2007
Posts: 744
Location: Paco City, Mexico

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When she first spoke to me,
I could taste the meaning of life
on her breath.
luckily, it didnt mean shit.

I keep the revelation of the taste
to myself. Figured I'd wait until
the conception of our first child.
Right after his 8th birthday.

I know its going to be a boy, because
if history serves me a platter of consistency,
I'll cheat on her for no reason.
She'll forgive me but return the favor.

We realize that cheating is a waste of condoms
and its much cheaper to be faithful,
and we marry some time after.
Most of the faithful men in my family have girls.
I have two nieces, and one is adopted.

She doesnt finish dinner,
but she doggybags her meal.
I fall in love instantly.
Either I got a woman who isnt wasteful
and will teach our children good morals,
or I got a future fatty on my hands, either way i win.

I walk her to her front door.
Gun shots rang put in the hood, like usual and
we duck under a random car.
We turn head towards each other
and our eyes meet with glee.

I playfully asked, "would you take a bullet for me??"
She countered and asked, "Would you sign a prenup if we married?"
We had the same answered and
we laughed over the sirens and cries.
We are perfect for each other
in such a tasty organic world.
_________________
"I am too FINE to be CUTE, and too BEAUTIFUL to be FINE."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kimm



Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 985
Location: Jerzee Stand Up!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!!!! We need 2 change the name of this thread because it's far from pointless material up in here!!!!

Routine enslaves the mind
Shackles clamped on progression
Standing still in time
If sky's the limit
Then the sky must be a lot closer than I thought
Limited 2 working 4 recycled paper & scarcity N healthy behavior,
While the nature of this business plummets the stock market of self-esteem
Invested 2 much of my wealth
Now I'm filthy poor
Mental poverty just next door with a set of sore, glossy eyes
So while UR showing me UR nostrils
I've become hostile
Because this routine of survival
Is beneficial 2 U
But detrimental 2 me
I am a runaway slave
Running away from the shackles U've fitted 4 me
I refuse 2 stand by
And watch U walk away with my sweat N UR hands
Because "Sam ain't my uncle"
Just another camouflage 2 massage my ignorance
Steal my innocence, & keep me on the assembly line
Now watch me go 4 mine!
_________________
"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."...Let not God's breath be wasted.....

Holla @ ya girl: www.myspace.com/kimm31
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Kimm



Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 985
Location: Jerzee Stand Up!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We spoke seductively
Tongues twisting imagination
Flirting with orgasmic sensations
Embracing the possibility 2 live N....
Our words....
Needy souls stomped by the soles of the past
We fall deep N2 the bath of self-pity
And N2 the arms of rebound city
Gritty residue allows us 2 stick like glue
Yet still, we feel like toilet bowls
Shit on & pissed on with a posterior view
We spoke of new
Yet we were still sailing old rivers, lakes, & streams
While the wind blew memories
Rocking the boat with intensity
Currents threatening 2 cause a scene
Being human,
We relied upon each other 2 erase the pain
And when we fell short
We spoke blame
We spoke shame
We spoke from the bottom of our gut
And the fire N the veins
We didn't speak the same
Eyes colder than winter
Tongues sharper than scissors
While we delivered a spiritual death N our words
And now, we speak no more....
_________________
"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."...Let not God's breath be wasted.....

Holla @ ya girl: www.myspace.com/kimm31
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
kwame06



Joined: 14 Mar 2007
Posts: 17718
Location: Chicago, IL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimm wrote:
Wow!!!! We need 2 change the name of this thread because it's far from pointless material up in here!!!!

Routine enslaves the mind
Shackles clamped on progression
Standing still in time
If sky's the limit
Then the sky must be a lot closer than I thought
Limited 2 working 4 recycled paper & scarcity N healthy behavior,
While the nature of this business plummets the stock market of self-esteem
Invested 2 much of my wealth
Now I'm filthy poor
Mental poverty just next door with a set of sore, glossy eyes
So while UR showing me UR nostrils
I've become hostile
Because this routine of survival
Is beneficial 2 U
But detrimental 2 me
I am a runaway slave
Running away from the shackles U've fitted 4 me
I refuse 2 stand by
And watch U walk away with my sweat N UR hands
Because "Sam ain't my uncle"
Just another camouflage 2 massage my ignorance
Steal my innocence, & keep me on the assembly line
Now watch me go 4 mine!

I like that title right there... Cool
_________________

I'm a firm supporter of the left and right...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Kimm



Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 985
Location: Jerzee Stand Up!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lately, I find myself questioning the content of my character
"What am I made of?", is what plays back & fourth through my thoughts
Because I've become this shell
Spiritual death whispering sweet nothings in my ear
My eyes swell with disappointment
As the mirror reflects the disrespect I've portrayed regarding my own life
I've got my finger ready 2 point @ U....the past
Lashing me 'til this very day
Fatherless child....LASH!
Teen pregnancy....LASH!
Abortion...............LASH!
The other woman..LASH!
Thick chick............LASH!
And now I am stuck in the aftermath of those who've wronged me
I strongly suggest the world 2 prepare 4 my relentless
Rip & tear
Because I am lost in my own hurt
Unable 2 define my own worth
I've been stripped of material camouflage
And I am now exposed
Taking notice 2 the weight I carry up top
While my knees are buckling
Because I stand 4 nothing
And no one can save me accept me
Physical frame expressing weight gain from head 2 toe
Never been this size
Can't hide the pain when the bruises speak 4 themselves
Having my way with words
Since I can't have my way with myself
Mother,
Lover,
Daughter,
Friend,
Woman,
Yet, even in these roles, the whole grows wider
The wound gets deeper
I'm 'top heavy' on a whole other level
Scared 2 admit the child in me still exists
And she needs nourishment
_________________
"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."...Let not God's breath be wasted.....

Holla @ ya girl: www.myspace.com/kimm31
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Gulf Coast Diva



Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 766
Location: New Orleans

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I stand, proud of the ME that I BE
Stumbled through my life as a young ME
How did I find my way?? You tell ME
But… My circumstances don’t define ME

Father taken by the Vietnam War
Mother taken by a drunk with a car
But my feet kept moving

Survived the temptation of troubled friends
Aggressive credit card companies and no ends
But my hands kept working

Broken southern english was my forte
Sat quietly hoping the ridicule would go away
Accused of being stuck up because words would not come my way
If only they knew my silence was from fear, fear of what not to say
But I kept learning

Survived a Chi-Town man who wanted to have things his way
Thought I was a southern gal, and easy prey
Thought he could take and take, afraid to love, he would say
His disfunction was too much to bare, had to move away
But I kept loving

Survived my love for a Thug and his prison collect calls
Oh.. he was from the east coast, I wonder if he’s alive at all
Saw his nose broken, had to be fitted with a brace
Saw his black eye and the scar that mapped out his face
But I kept living

Made a baby with a man who turned out to be OK
Who would have thunk it? That a black man could love a child the right way.
It happens, what can I say
Wouldn’t have had it any other way
But, we didn’t work out so I kept moving.

Baggage on my left hip, child on my right
Survived undergrad school when I decided it was right
Had to turn things around if I wanted to be free
Free to now ask you how did I survive ME!

_________________
So we'll crawl
'till we can walk again
And we'll run
Until we're strong enough to jump
And we'll fly
Until there is no end
So let's crawl ... Back to Love Chris Brown
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kimm



Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 985
Location: Jerzee Stand Up!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gulf Coast Diva wrote:
Today I stand, proud of the ME that I BE
Stumbled through my life as a young ME
How did I find my way?? You tell ME
But… My circumstances don’t define ME

Father taken by the Vietnam War
Mother taken by a drunk with a car
But my feet kept moving

Survived the temptation of troubled friends
Aggressive credit card companies and no ends
But my hands kept working

Broken southern english was my forte
Sat quietly hoping the ridicule would go away
Accused of being stuck up because words would not come my way
If only they knew my silence was from fear, fear of what not to say
But I kept learning

Survived a Chi-Town man who wanted to have things his way
Thought I was a southern gal, and easy prey
Thought he could take and take, afraid to love, he would say
His disfunction was too much to bare, had to move away
But I kept loving

Survived my love for a Thug and his prison collect calls
Oh.. he was from the east coast, I wonder if he’s alive at all
Saw his nose broken, had to be fitted with a brace
Saw his black eye and the scar that mapped out his face
But I kept living

Made a baby with a man who turned out to be OK
Who would have thunk it? That a black man could love a child the right way.
It happens, what can I say
Wouldn’t have had it any other way
But, we didn’t work out so I kept moving.

Baggage on my left hip, child on my right
Survived undergrad school when I decided it was right
Had to turn things around if I wanted to be free
Free to now ask you how did I survive ME!


As I said B4......This thread is far from pointless! Nice work!
_________________
"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."...Let not God's breath be wasted.....

Holla @ ya girl: www.myspace.com/kimm31
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet E.R.F. Forum Index -> Main Discussion All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


© 2007-2008 Informe.com. Get Free Forum Hosting
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group